In this workshop you will learn:
- When it is appropriate to use telephone interpreting
- How telephone interpreting works
- Roles of the medical, community, and legal interpreter (customized for your setting)
- Tools to better monitor professional interpreters and identify interpreters who are not conducting themselves in a professional manner
- The National Council on Interpreting in Healthcare Code of Ethics
- How telephone interpreting can minimize cost
Who should attend:
This 2-hour workshop is intended for individuals who use, or are interested in using, SWITS Telephone Interpreting Service. During this workshop participants will learn which situations are suited for telephone interpreting, what to expect during a telephone interpreting session, and how telephone interpreting can help to minimize cost.
Director of SWITS, Ltd.
Certified Interpreter and Trainer of Interpreters