Join Our Team
SWITS Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. This information will not be used for limiting or excluding any candidate from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Ongoing Openings - Application
Regions Hiring: Wausau, Stevens Point, Oshkosh, Green Bay, Milwaukee, Madison, Delavan, and Rockford, IL
SWITS, Ltd. is accepting applications for interpreters who are proficient in Spanish. This is a part-time position. Areas of service include medical, community, and educational. The hourly rate will depend on your experience, education, certifications, and any additional relevant credentials.
Spanish Interpreter - Job Description and Application
Under the general supervision of a SWITS supervisor, interpreters will be responsible for the following:
- Must demonstrate fluency and accuracy in both the English language and your language pair.
- Must have a flexible schedule and general availability between the hours of
7am – 7pm (start and end times vary daily) Monday through Friday.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and the ability to travel up to 100 miles on occasion if needed.
- Must have the ability to interpret in a professional, accurate manner under stressful situations and medical emergencies.
- Must have a minimum of High School Diploma
- Must fulfill list of medical requirements (including flu shot) within 30 days of accepting offer.
Translations Project Manager/Training Manager
Location: Delavan, WI, Possibility of working remotely
The translations project manager’s primary responsibility is to coordinate the translation of written documents into various languages. The project manager (PM) is the primary point of contact for customers requesting translation services as well as translators, editors, and desktop publishing specialists who complete each project.
Translations Project Manager/Training Manager - Job Description and Applicaiton
The PM must have excellent communication skills to coordinate projects over the phone and through email. The PM must be able to work with tight deadlines, conduct research, and complete final quality control checks before final delivery.
The PM will be given other tasks and responsibilities as business requires. Additional tasks may include answering the phone and taking interpreter requests, working on marketing campaigns, desktop publishing, assisting in bid compilation for translation and interpreting service requests, and other projects determined by management. The PM will report to the Head of the Translations Department.
SWITS also has a training program that we developed. The PM will work closely with the director in organizing and facilitating any and all trainings conducted through SWITS.
SWITS is seeking candidates with prior knowledge in the translation and interpreting industry. Applicants must demonstrate advanced skills in communication, organization, and multitasking. Candidates with the following qualifications are highly desired:
- BA or MA in translation or a related field
- Knowledge of a language other than English
- Computer skills and experience working with CAT tools
- Experience managing individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work in independent and team settings
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to solve problems creatively